Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Opinions for a Zildjian 20'' Earth Ride

Find a trash one and hang it on up and give it a beat`n !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 12 years ago

Took a listen to mine, definitely not as dry as I thought. There's a persistent overtone, not a wash or roar, but just a non-specific tone between the pings. The real difference between it and typical heavy & ping rides, is that there's not much high-end on the Earth Ride. It's just kind of pingy and dull.

But it could be a desirable sound, depends what you're looking for. Again, not very high value, $120 is about right.

Bermuda

Posted on 12 years ago

I had one for sale and i almost had to give the darn thing away. it's a one trick pony , if you like ping rides than this may be your cup of tea. And she is very heavy. I got sick of mine very fast

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 12 years ago

i have stainless pot and pan lids sound better

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 12 years ago

are they the Zildjian Pots n Pans :D

Posted on 12 years ago

I had one and I bought it just because I needed a 20" A ride and found it cheap on ebay (probably like $75). I didn't know what to expect but figured I couldn't lose. I would pretty much echo the sentiments here.

Posted on 12 years ago

Agreed with all the sentiments as well. I have one from the late 80's. It does exactly what I need it to do. Have every note be heard over the roar of guitars, keys and everything else. My band covers a lot of bases, and I do a surprising amount of delicate ride stick work for a rock band (uptempo country shuffles with the classic jazz ride cymbal pattern and the like). I can hear every note perfectly, and so can the audience. It's certainly not the cymbal to use if you want lots of wash and complex overtones. This is an anvil that is meant to be heard over everything!

Posted on 12 years ago

From OddBall

If you use a chop saw blade,..you`ll get the same soundish like !!

LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLo

I actually was laughing hysterically at this. Good comparison!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 12 years ago

I have a 22"er from the 80's. It's big and heavy. Quite the unique sounding cymbal,not your garden variety. They do cut thru and can be heard well.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here