Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Older vs. newer Zildjian New Beat hats

Only took pix of the bottoms. Which would you keep? 70s (I think) set on left in mint condition or newer set on right? Are they worth about the same? Older hats seem heavier, is that always better? Thanks.

1 attachments
70s Slingy WMP
70s Ludwig Standard Aqua Mist
60s Ludwig Champagne Sparkle Downbeat
and a whole bunch of snares and hardware
Posted on 14 years ago

I'm surprised that the 70s ones are heavier than later ones. I'd expect it to be the other way around. Later = heavier. But since new beats have heavier bottoms you should be comparing the tops and the bottoms. Were you just weighing bottoms?

Prices. Hmmm. Recent sales on eBay will tell you part of the story if you look at completed auctions. Mint 70s might go for more than used looking modern ones, but there is so much price variability you would need to collect lots of data to get a real feel for a difference of say $20 in the median sale price. In recent times I happened to be watching a few pairs and I've seen them go from $95 to $125. What you get depends on the day, the quality of your ad and photos, and which way the wind is blowing. ;)

I'd always say keep the ones which sound better to you. Close your eyes and open your ears.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]Good advice above. My guess is the newer set would sell for maybe $25 more because they look pretty minty.....

Both are good hats....just choose which sound better. OR (better yet) keep 'em both !!![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here