Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Old Zildjian Hi-hat Identification Help Needed

These are the only pics I currently have of these Zildjians. Any idea on an age range? The stamp looks pretty worn down. thanks :)

4 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Later 60s, or possibly early 70s. That's based on the lathing style and the hammering style (or more specifically lack of obvious hammering). In the first picture the size of the stamp looks like 60s tall (the 1.5" version) when compared to the diameter of the bell. But it's a crummy photo and a poorly pressed in stamp so it is hard to say for sure. I don't see any hint of a MADE IN U.S.A. underneath. It might just be missing because of the light pressing.

Posted on 6 years ago

From zenstat

Later 60s, or possibly early 70s. That's based on the lathing style and the hammering style (or more specifically lack of obvious hammering). In the first picture the size of the stamp looks like 60s tall (the 1.5" version) when compared to the diameter of the bell. But it's a crummy photo and a poorly pressed in stamp so it is hard to say for sure. I don't see any hint of a MADE IN U.S.A. underneath. It might just be missing because of the light pressing.

Thanks for the info...always appreciate it! I went ahead and ordered them...should be getting them soon and will post some better pics. The online store had them listed as "unmarked" cymbals, lol.

Posted on 6 years ago

Here are some closeups of the stamps. Hope this helps narrow it down :)

The weights are 880g and 1325g. Stamps are 1.5" and 1.25"

3 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here