Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

old zildjian cymbal need to identify

i have a zildian A that is a 20 inch ride with the stamp about halfway up to the bell....the stamp is about 1 1/4 tall...it apears to be from the 70's.....but between the stamp and the bell it has the faint black print , that says " drum corps" anyone ever seen this .....what does it all meanHelp2

by the way the word "drum " is written above the word " corps" if that helps

Posted on 14 years ago

anyone? ?>??? /?????? ????/??

Posted on 14 years ago

a picture is worth a thousand words. D' Drummer

Posted on 14 years ago

From mosteller

i have a zildian A that is a 20 inch ride with the stamp about halfway up to the bell....the stamp is about 1 1/4 tall...it apears to be from the 70's.....but between the stamp and the bell it has the faint black print , that says " drum corps" anyone ever seen this .....what does it all meanHelp2by the way the word "drum " is written above the word " corps" if that helps

Yes, pics would help. In general, a "Drum Corps" cymbal would be designed for marching. It is probably pretty heavy (marching cymbals take a lot of abuse), but can make a good ride if you like heavy rides.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mosteller

by the way the word "drum " is written above the word " corps" if that helps

Doesn't that usually signify a dead tom??? Oh wait....that would have an 'e' on the end. My bad.

That would indeed denote marching cymbals which are usually very heavy...as has already been stated. Kind of a waste of space, this one.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Doesn't that usually signify a dead tom??? Oh wait....that would have an 'e' on the end. My bad.That would indeed denote marching cymbals which are usually very heavy...as has already been stated. Kind of a waste of space, this one.

Are you awake yet... that was some stretch

Get some coffee, and return with the good stuff .... ;)

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

here are the pics

Posted on 14 years ago

Early 70's.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Drumaholic

Early 70's.

so does the drum corps mean heavy? it so alittle pingy but also mellow wash

Posted on 14 years ago

From mosteller

so does the drum corps mean heavy? it so alittle pingy but also mellow wash