Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Old Zildjian Cymbal Identity

A non drummer friend of mine stopped over with this old Zildjian cymbal he has had for years. He said it came with an old Bass Drum with all the trap attachments on top of it, from possibly from the 1920's or 30's that he purchased at some garage sale many many years ago.

Anyway it appears to say "K" Zildjian and has the logo, but that is it it. It is 13.25 inches in diameter and also has part of a signature under the bell area and is quite heavy for its size. The center hole is quite small compared to today's modern cymbals. There are no other markings on the cymbal. Attached photos show the stamp, and the partial signature under the bell along with an overall view of the whole cymbal.

We would like to know if anyone has any idea as to what is is, the approximate age of it and is there any value to it. I cannot find anything like it in the "K" Zildjian time lines that are online.

Any help would be apprecisted.

Thanks

Posted on 11 years ago

The stamp is very worn for it's age, but guessing around 20's-30's is probably around the correct age, but I'm sure they're others who know a lot more. It's probably and old crash cymbal and you might find another person who is looking for a mate for that type of cymbal for a set of hi-hat cymbals. A single cymbal in that size on a good day on eBay, maybe $200-$250.00, realistically probably around $125.00-$150.00.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 11 years ago

I'm curious if you worked your way through

http://robscott.net/cymbals/k-constantinople/

and found nothing similar looking.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here