Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Old Zildian 22" swish

I hope these are the pics of the 22" swish [Attachment: 11347][Attachment: 11348[/ATTA[ATTACH]11349]CH]

Posted on 14 years ago

Without sounding like a geek, what exactly is a swish? when I hear the term I think of something similiar to splash? althought a 22: splash sounds weird?

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

A swish is similar to a china in design, but the main difference is the bell and the way the cymbals are turned so to speak. The bell on a Swish is round and almost flat, with the cymbal turning at a downward angle, until the end where it turns up like a China A china bell is usually quite a bit more pronounced and the rest of the cymbal doesn't turn down as much, also the outside flange is sometimes bigger. Also where a China is usually mounted so the bottom is struck, a Swish is usually struck on the top as a ride. Swish cymbals are named for their sound and were commonly used as a ride cymbal for jazz or big band. The were also called Swish Knockers.

BTW, Hawg....I got your pictures, but no price? Don't know if you had a idea of selling it or not. PM me with a price if you are selling it...

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here