Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Old Zil Ride

So there is a story that goes with this...as with most of my posts.

I helped a fella move some drywall at his house, he told me he had an old Ludwig kit that he wanted sold. I ended up buying it and all the cymbals that came with it. It was a black and white badge kit in white wrap in amazing shape. I sold the kit (I was a moron), but kept the cymbals. One was a smaller broken cymbal from across the pond that I still have but never use. The ride though...was an old Zildjian 22" that I fell in love with. It has been with me at every show and practice for the last 7 or 8 years. It has a nice array of tones it makes from a bright ping to a heavy washy ride, the bell is loud, crisp, and overall the cymbal is a little darker than other rides I have seen and used. It crashes huge and dark...I don't often crash on it though cause like I said...it's heavy...and I don't want to break it. It's the only ride I have.

It was old when he got the kit (so he said) and he had the kit for a few years before I got it...and I have always been curious as to how to effectively date these. I have no real interest in selling, just wanted to learn about it for my own personal curiosity.

The hole is perfectly round, it has no keyholing, no cracks, nothing appears deformed from what I can tell. It's heavier than most rides I looked at in stores. Also, most new cymbals are smoother, the grooves on this one are very pronounced compared to every cymbal I have looked at. I try to keep it put away so I don't have to clean it often...it's only been cleaned once since I owned it. I don't like cleaning cymbals, but I don't like them all trashy lookin either. It does have a stamp that I can take a picture of and post it up if that helps.

Posted on 12 years ago

The stamp is the main thing to give you a date range and other pertinent info. So yes, pic of the stamp would be great.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here