Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Old Ludwig Drums/Cymbals

Hi fellow musicians, I have a 10-inch cymbal (stamped Ludwig) that is in very good condition. Can anyone tell me if Ludwig actually made cymbals?

Regards,

Peter A

Posted on 14 years ago

Ludwig sold cymbals made for them by Paiste in the 60's with their drumsets...

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

Ludwig sold cymbals made for them by Paiste in the 60's with their drumsets...

BBk<< I 2nd that motion!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for that, but, this cymbal is actually stamped (engraved) with the Ludwig insignia. The cymbal belongs to an old Ludwig & Ludwig drum set that has a six inch x 23 1/2 inch bass drum and a 14 x 3 inch snare drum. Maybe this extra info can identify the age of the cymbal and the drums.

Posted on 14 years ago

Ludwig cymbals have an autograph beneath them that is Paiste, like this Some maybe different. Do the drums say just Ludwig & Ludwig? or do they also say Ludwig above the vent hole. Chicago or Elkhart, Indiana? Your cymbal maybe from the early 30's, pics of the cymbal stamp and the drums would help.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

Thank you for your info. Great to tap into your knowledge base.

Have attached a photo of the various parts of the set that I have.

Any idea of their value?

Thanks again.

Posted on 14 years ago

Peter. thank you for the pictures they help immensely, the cymbal you have is an import cymbal ludwig had made, it went on the bass drum, on pages 26-27 of the History of the Ludwig Drum Company by Paul william Schmidt it shows this complete drum set, will you post a complete pic of the drums and cymbal the whole kit,thanksWalking

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I need help :O

How much and when was this cymbal made?Stage Band2

Posted on 14 years ago

From brummett77

I need help :OHow much and when was this cymbal made?Stage Band2

the drums are from the 20's how much is the cymbal worth???? we would need more pics for that??

Posted on 14 years ago

I Have an older Ludwig/paiste cymbal and I have looked every where for the cymbal I have and every where I turn it is a dead end. So I was wondering if you could give me the background on this cymbal. It is 20" ride, has 3 stars then under that it has Ludwig, then Paiste under that, then it is faded but looks to be like it says Made in Germany, then the last thing on the engravement is CHICAGO in all capital letters. Any information would be help full, like worth and history, thank you so much. AND I CAN NOT ADD PICTURES FOR SOME REASON LOL :oClapping Happy2

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here