Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Old K Zildjian Constantinople 14" is this special?

I was back home with my family this weekend cleaning out a lot of old stuff when I came upon this old cymbal I had received from an elementary school music teacher. I kept it all these years just sitting in a closet in my old room and remembered seeing though it had no writing and was very old but it had a stamp on it that said k zildjian Constantinople. On the back was also a signature with zildjian. At the time was young and just getting into drum stuff and only knew the name, but today I did some more research into it today and found a thread on here where drumaholic was giving out lots of helpful information. I believe the cymbal is a k zildjian constantantinople 1 st stamp because it doesn't have the trademark under it or the star and crescent. On the inside of the bell is the signature that drumaholic said is something like K zildjian and sons but there is also another that looks like K Zildjian II Constantinople, I would love to get some more info on this, I'm away from my apartment do I dob't have a good camera bu I could upload some photos tomorrow or on my phone, but basically I'm just wondering if this is a little special piece of history

Posted on 12 years ago

Gotta see the pictures.

Posted on 12 years ago

Sorry took a lil longer than i thought but here are the pics.

EDIT: were too big fixing problem

3 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Yes that's the real deal as those photos show. But you can't be too careful about these things because there were counterfeits that look pretty close to this. This is the type I and probably was circa 1920's. During this era the bells were double signed; once with K. Zildjian & Sons written in Latin script and one with K. Zildjian & Co. and Constantinople in regular script. Later eras had only the Latin. Small sizes like this one are not particularly rare. This could be worth around $200.

Posted on 12 years ago

looks nice...

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here