Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Old K Hats

I picked these up today.

They're in nice condition and sound wonderful. 14" not quite certain of the year, maybe someone here could date them.

Blonks.

4 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Intermediate Stamp...circa 1955 -58 if memory serves...

Does that say 55 Quid on the bottom?

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 11 years ago

It sure does.

Thats what the original owner paid for them back in 1960 or thereabouts.

Makes you feel quite ill doesn't it.

I can assure you I paid a hell of a lot more than that.

He also has an 18" crash going. Another K, if anyone fancies going to check it out. His studio is in Brixton London. Sounds medium thin to me.

Blonks.

3 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

I've been looking for a reasonable deal on some K 14 or 13 hats...old stamp...and a 15, 16 or 17 K old stamp crash. All that I've seen so far are out of my price range for now.

I have this very nice TRS Studio Series cocktail kit in Glass Glitter - like new - I would be willing to trade for the right pair of hats. The TRS kit is listed around $2000 new but I think the retail outlets here in Canada are selling them for about $1400 and tax. I have them for sale now for $750 - a very good deal...the drums are incredibly well made.

Sorry if I jacked your thread here....but I thought you might know someone with some hats that I'm looking for.

Nice cymbals by the way........

Posted on 11 years ago

From blonkins

It sure does.Thats what the original owner paid for them back in 1960 or thereabouts. Makes you feel quite ill doesn't it.I can assure you I paid a hell of a lot more than that.He also has an 18" crash going. Another K, if anyone fancies going to check it out. His studio is in Brixton London. Sounds medium thin to me.Blonks.

Been there. When I was deciding on an 18" crash/ride ride back in the mid-sixties, I had to choose between a K Zildjian for around $90 and an A for around $75. I chose the A. $15 was a lot of money for a student back in the '60s and the difference in price between the two cymbals was more than I could afford.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 11 years ago

Bos, I hear you.

When I was about 17 years old i went to my local music shop to trade my Rogers Dyna-sonic snare for some big old Pearl snare because I'd seen one of my hero's playing one in a magazine.

The guy in the shop couldn't do the deal quick enough. You live and learn.

Kona- I'll keep my ear to the ground for any K's for sale.

Blonks.

Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks,I know the value and collectibility of the Dyna-Sonic snares but the Old Peral snare drums are nice too. But I know what you mean about that trade....lots of us have been there.

Gary

From blonkins

Bos, I hear you.When I was about 17 years old i went to my local music shop to trade my Rogers Dyna-sonic snare for some big old Pearl snare because I'd seen one of my hero's playing one in a magazine.The guy in the shop couldn't do the deal quick enough. You live and learn.Kona- I'll keep my ear to the ground for any K's for sale.Blonks.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here