Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

old hats ?

I just scored a set of mix matched high hats, the top is a Zildjian, does not say where its made and the bottom is a Kashian, made in italy. Not to knowledgable about the Zildjian stamps, never heard of Kashian, anyone know about these? They sound real good! Thanks

Posted on 16 years ago

in 1980 U.F.I.P. started to make B8 cymbals called Kashian in the 90's they where renamed Kashian Pro. also had a brass series from called Kashian 2000 series, renamed Kashian standard in 87'. They were the cheap stuff UFIP made back then. Can't help on the Zildjan

Posted on 16 years ago

What is UFIP?

Posted on 16 years ago

UFIP stands for Unione Fabbricanti Italiani Piatti. Formed in 31' by 5 Itailian cym,. makers. today its called the UFIP company. I bought a UFIP "Class " series cymbal in 18" back in 91', it the sounded very close to my old Paiste 602 crash. Listen the BEST source of history/info on any brand of cym. ever made is The Cymbal Book by Hugo Pinksterboer, pub. by Hal Leonard Corporation (if its out of print go to Alibris website, they should have it)

Posted on 16 years ago

thanks alot.

Posted on 16 years ago

I own a pair of 15 inch Kashian hats , im gonna try to sell them later on down the road , they dont sound all that good to me !ViolinViolin

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here