Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Old cymbal stamp

Hi

Maybe somebody can give me some information about that 13" cymbal. She is from an old trap kit drum from the 20's. The stamp you can see on the pic is the only one. There is nothing else on it. She is in great shape.

Thanks

Help

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

Look at the "date me this" post below yours and you will see some similarites, looks like an old Zildjian Constaninople, good find!!x-mas3

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

Is it the signature of the guy who made the cymbal?

Walking

Posted on 17 years ago

it's not a zildjian, just a knock off. everyone put stamps that looked like zildjian stamps on their cymbals for the obvious reason.

Posted on 17 years ago

I am sure it is a Zildjian and it is for sure a very old handmade cymbal of a great quality. I play on Zildjian since 1968 and it is one of the finest cymbal i ever see. band3

Posted on 17 years ago

i didn't mean to suggest that the cymbal wasn't of great quality. but that's not a zildjian stamp pictured. is the stamp pictured in addition to the zildjian stamp?

Posted on 17 years ago

No, that is the only stamp on this cymbal. 2 different people told me this cymbal was probably made in Turkey before the Zildjian family came in America. ????????? I realy dont know:confused:

Posted on 17 years ago

i took the liberty of posting your stamp on the cymbalholic website:

http://www.cymbalholic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13809

only response so far says it's an old italian stamp, which would have been my best guess, but with me it'd be only a guess.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here