Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Nov 17, 2022 - Update on My Collection Page

Here are a couple additions to the web site. I have been working to document each section of my collection. Here is a special picture gifted to William F Ludwig II from Mark Harmon. That is from this new page I created for all of my posters, pictures and banners which I have never shown.

It will all reside in the my collection page here

This is not the nitty gritty stuff yet that I know you all want to see. I never told anyone, but I have a box of artwork and camera film that was found by a janitor in the old Gretsch building filled with Gretsch art and concept art for logos and drum endorser photos. It is a decent amount of items to fill a complete section for the web site.

You also know I have the Slingerland photo collection which I started documenting years ago, which is 100's of photos and catalog negatives. You can see some

of ithere.

My Ludwig collection is the largest of all and as I get to that section of the racks, there are 1,000's of items to scan.

Keep checking back and I will update you as I get to certain areas. Oddly, I'm about to get to a rack with my vintage drum pad and bass drum pedal collections. Some of which I have on the web site and much which I have never shown.

Posted on 1 year ago

David,

Thank you for taking the time to share your collection with us...This is drum history at it`s finest!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 1 year ago

You betcha! I wanted to update everyone that the My Collection page has grown. (The top half of the page is the new section) I have done over 700 scans!~ I added some of my posters, practice pad, books and stickers to the page. Plus some misc. drums and vintage items. I expanded the Drum-O- Wheel Plus much more! Also check out the drummer photos and promo photos which I just started adding items to.

More to come. The book and solo collection (most scanned not online yet) is over 600 scans and that took a great deal of time to get in order. You may ask why I'm spending the time to do this? Because it is a great to document it all for insurance reasons, and also so that when it is done, I can start selling items from these pages.

Thanks!

Posted on 1 year ago

Remember, I'm adding this here for backlinks to the main web site - not expecting a response - all good there.

Last night I added my small collection of 3-ring binders. I have a CB700 and 4 different Ludwig binders, including one that belonged to Karl Dustman filled with Ludwig Drummer Magazines. The other one from 1980 is complete and original with all of the inside catalog and pricing information. Then I have two from Ludwig sales meetings which include a DVD with all of the sales data, meeting notes and new drums for that year.

[Attachment: 137465]

I found a 1944 Gretsch Band Music folder. on the bottom of one of my bins. There are a few drawings of drums pictured on the inside.

[Attachment: 137466]

And then check out this Zildjian Calendar from 1998 with 12 cool photos of famous drummers. I took pictures of all 12 months so you can see every famous drummer.

Posted on 1 year ago

Still trudging along! I created the catalog page. Here is where I can keep track of all of them. The only new addition so far is the Dorn & Kirschner, Inc Catalog under the D's. Based on the Ludwig drums being featured, this could be from the late 20's. There is no date on the catalog. It is a company that sold all kinds of instruments. The catalog is for the ToneKing line and there are ToneKIng Drums mixed in with the other drums. pg. 53 is the ToneKing Jazz Snare Drum and the ToneKIng Boy Scout Drum. On page 55 is a nice feature for the Barry's Collapsible Bass Drum.

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here