Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

not Vintage, but,

has anyone ever heard of Krest cymbals?

there's an ad on craigslist for some, just wondering if they are worth checking out.

Mister T

Posted on 14 years ago

From demonlarry

has anyone ever heard of Krest cymbals?there's an ad on craigslist for some, just wondering if they are worth checking out.Mister T

No and no.

Posted on 14 years ago

From demonlarry

has anyone ever heard of Krest cymbals?there's an ad on craigslist for some, just wondering if they are worth checking out.Mister T

Krest Cymbals are made in Brazil. They are made from a B8 bronze formulation and like B8 cymabls from other manufacturers they are cut and shaped from sheets rather than cast like better cymbals. The hammering is done by machine. Their "claim to fame", if they have one, is that their cymbals are finished in a variety of colors. Cymbals of this type are often less expensive and as a result are most often used by students and those on a tight budget. Some rockers have expressed positive opinions regarding B8 cymbals in general, but IMHO, B8 generally sounds like crap. I firmly believe anyone contemplating buying these cymbals should first look on the used market for "real" cymbals.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 14 years ago

I think they are Brazilian.

If I were you, I wouldn't get these.. If they're B8 - then definitely not.

Posted on 14 years ago

From LegendPK

I think they are Brazilian.If I were you, I wouldn't get these.. If they're B8 - then definitely not.

Take a look at my post, just before yours.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here