Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

No...not the skip.

I know of a guy who has a big old doudle bass drum Hayman kit he wants to get rid of.

This guy is not a drummer, and I fear this kit could end up in a skip. Will try and get some photo's if anyone is interested. Spare parts alone may be of interest to someone.

I sure someone could get a good price for these.

Blonks.

Posted on 16 years ago

SKIP

1. Skip is slang for an escape.

2. Skip is slang for an escapee.

3. Skip is British slang for a boss.

4. Skip is British slang for a place to sleep.

5. Skip is British slang for an old, dilapidated or cheap vehicle.

I'm guessing #5

Sorry Blonks... I'm from Ohio.. I had to look that one up.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Sorry about that, to my friends from across the Pond.

A skip is a big metal rubbish (garbage) bin delivered to your house on a truck (usually driven by a lunatic) when you need loads of rubbish (trash) or dirt cleared.

You get the idea.

Blonks

Posted on 16 years ago

Love to see some pictures, and very interested. I am afraid however shipping acroos the pond will be excrutiating.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Not exactly clear from the correspondence but I'm presuming it's UK location - where exactly in the UK?

Cheers,

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Sorry about that, to my friends from across the Pond.A skip is a big metal rubbish (garbage) bin delivered to your house on a truck (usually driven by a lunatic) when you need loads of rubbish (trash) or dirt cleared.You get the idea.Blonks

(usually driven by a lunatic)......I love it.......kinda like the "honey dip" drivers we have on our side of the pond..........

Posted on 16 years ago

Yes the location is London England.

I'm hoping to save them sometime this week.

I'm away until tuesday night, so it won't be until after then.

Will try and get some photo's up asap. The guy said there was some rust on the rims of some of the drums. I get the feeling they have been in storage for a long time.

Wish I had the room for them myself.

Will keep you posted.

Blonks.

Posted on 16 years ago

Not uninterested in these and my geography is marginally better than most in here (might also have a London address I can get them sent to until I'm over next). All the usual gen would be appreciated. I would have thought there would be some demand from the Dolbear gang as well.

Cheers,

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Finally got a look at these Haymans.

They need alot of loving care. Vibrasonics.

24" kick. Most the paint gone from hoops. Has original Hayman head on it. Lugs have rust and some pitting. Wrap is lifting.

22" kick. Same shape as the 24". Has had a Rogers tom mount drilled onto it.

13" toms x 2. One is in pretty good shape. sounds ok even with the old heads on it. Second one is not so well. Lugs missing, rusted hoops. Don't think its totally round.

14" tom. Ok shape. Wrap lifting a bit at the seam. Rust on hoops.

14" floor tom. Ok shape wrap lifting a little. This drum and one of the 13" toms are probably the best drums here. Some tension rods missing.

16" floor toms x2 . Have seen better days. Will try and put some photo's up if anyone is up for them. They really do need some work. Lots of old hardware , again not in the best shape.

These drums were stored in what looked like pretty damp surroundings. All are painted white on the inside.

Blonks.

Posted on 16 years ago

Hmmmm, sounds like a mite too much for me right now. Thanks for the info in any case.

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here