Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Newbie with K Zildjian made in Turkey

Evening all, first psot for me here so please forgive if wasteing time etc

I'm a bit of a happy bunny here, after detailed examination of this cymbal I acquired with a kit.

I'm looking for your views, comments on this, approx age and what is value maybe.

K Zildjian 20" Ride 3080 grams made in Istanbul Turkey !!! Very good condition, very minor keyholing, Is signed on the underside of the bell, whats that all about. Sounds very cool and stylish.

Thanks in advance !!

[Attachment: 93765]

[Attachment: 93766]

[Attachment: 93767]

[Attachment: 93768]

[Attachment: 93769]

5 attachments
149.8 kB
86.9 kB
105.6 kB
102.1 kB
105.5 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

Nice Heavier one..newer stamp..please post sound file..

Posted on 8 years ago

Welcome boomchit

Yes, New Stamp (1967-1977) in Bill Hartrick's classification. This site is based on Bill's work although it gives no credit to Bill:

http://robscott.net/cymbals/k-istanbul/

That is the heaviest one I've heard of. My previous record was 2800g. Are you sure about that weight?

Expected prices for 20" ones are here: http://black.net.nz/old-k/old-k-prices.html#20

but I wouldn't expect you to get the median price of $950 for one as heavy as that. More like $500 - $600

They are all signed under the bell like that, but sometimes the signature is rubbed off over the years by overzealous cleaning.

Posted on 8 years ago

From boomchit

Evening all, first psot for me here so please forgive if wasteing time etc I'm a bit of a happy bunny here, after detailed examination of this cymbal I acquired with a kit.I'm looking for your views, comments on this, approx age and what is value maybe.K Zildjian 20" Ride 3080 grams made in Istanbul Turkey !!! Very good condition, very minor keyholing, Is signed on the underside of the bell, whats that all about. Sounds very cool and stylish.Thanks in advance !![Attachment: 93765][Attachment: 93766][Attachment: 93767][Attachment: 93768][Attachment: 93769]

As Zenstat pointed out, that sounds extremely heavy for a 20" old K Was it a typo? Did you actually mean 2080g?

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 8 years ago

If that really is the weight, maybe an orchestral crash?

Posted on 8 years ago

I blindly called a drum store in Cardiff,Wales (UK) out of the back of a Brit drum magazine many years ago,,,

We talked..had nothing I really wanted..but,at last minute,I asked if he had any Turk K's...he said he did!>>a 20"....

Wanna say it was around $100 US!>>So,of course,bought it..it was around $150 to my door...

Well,it must have been 1/2 of a symphonic pair..as it was SO heavy!

Threw it on eBay..and good old "K cymbal stasher" bought it...remember him?>>The guy trying to buy EVERY SINGLE K MADE....

I recall him bidding it up to $800 and something....then,when I wanted to ship..he wanted me to do some 1/2 ass job on the packing...to save him $10 for me not having to buy a double wall U-Haul TV/Micro box...and......"If it can stand up to Elvin,it can stand up to UPS" was his reasoning!...I said..No Way...and made him pay me the full $20 stated in my ad..for box/lots of bubble wrap/popcorn/tape....

Maybe this is that cymbal? :-)

Not too many super heavy K's out there....!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 8 years ago

From boomchit

Evening all, first psot for me here so please forgive if wasteing time etc I'm a bit of a happy bunny here, after detailed examination of this cymbal I acquired with a kit.I'm looking for your views, comments on this, approx age and what is value maybe.K Zildjian 20" Ride 3080 grams made in Istanbul Turkey !!! Very good condition, very minor keyholing, Is signed on the underside of the bell, whats that all about. Sounds very cool and stylish.Thanks in advance !![Attachment: 93765][Attachment: 93766][Attachment: 93767][Attachment: 93768][Attachment: 93769]

The sig is from the artist that hand made it. Zen might know what the other is and Bill definitely would.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 8 years ago

That one`s got a really nice color.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 8 years ago

I've got a 19" int stamp K isty symphonic at about 2600 gm...it certainly cuts...

Posted on 8 years ago

Thinking about trading some drum sets with my neighbor for his K, here is the stamp, which also looks like what the OP has. If anyone can verify this stamp for me :)

This one is lighter too, in the 1800g range, I should weigh it though but I really only go off of what sounds good to me and heavier ones have sounded great to me in the past :)

1 attachments
Found it!!
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here