Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

New old stock A.Zildjian-Trixon cymbals.

From about 1951 until 1972 Trixon Musikinstrumentfabrik were the distributors of Avedis Zildjian cymbals in Germany. Dealers were supplied with a pair of small cymbals, held together with a grommet, the upper of which had two holes in it through which the various sizes and prices could be viewed as the cymbal was rotated against the lower one.

Zildjian cymbals were available from 26cm. to 61cm. sizes.

Trixon also distributed Paiste Stambul , which were available from 26cm. to 65cm. size, as well as a 3rd. line Trixon-Silbercymbals( likely Meinl), available in 35 to 51cm. size.The silbercymbals had only the Trixon logo stamped on them.

The Zildjian and Paiste cymbals were available with the maker's stamp as well as a Trixon stamp and with the maker's stamp alone. Cymbals supplied with a Zildjian-Trixon stamp came with complete Trixon kits. Presumably, the Trixon stamped cymbals were sold by dealers who were also Trixon dealers and the others sold by dealers who were not Trixon dealers but who sold Zildjian and or Paiste as stand alone cymbals.

The pictures below are of some N.O.S. A.Zildjian-Trixon cymbals, that I purchased from Germany. The owner was a former Trixon employee, who's daughter sold them on ebay. There was a further 14", that I did not acquire, an 18" and a 20", which I did not also bid high enough on. I have since bought a nice 14" to mate with the N.O.S. as a hihat pair.

Of particular interest are the original unworn holes( several sizes) and the original 8 brass rivets in the 16" sizzle cymbal. The Trixon stamp is sometimes above and sometimes below the Zildjian stamp. pictures to follow.

Posted on 11 years ago

This is a 10 3/16" or 25.9cm. 323gm. cymbal with a 15/32" hole.

Posted on 11 years ago

and a couple of other pictures of the above

Posted on 11 years ago

This is a 10 1/16" or 25.6cm. 300gm. cymbal with a 1/2" somewhat triangular shaped hole. It is further stamped medium thin, in a print that is paler than the surrounding bronze.

Posted on 11 years ago

This is a 13 1/16" or 332 mm 1034gm. cymbal ink stamped HEAVY in dark ink. The hole is 7/16" It was probably intended as a marching cymbal but I would be interested in finding a much lighter mate , for a hi-hat pair.

Posted on 11 years ago

A couple of more of the above

Posted on 11 years ago

This is a 14 1/16" or 357mm 712gm. cymbal also marked in dark ink HI-HAT on the underside. It has 1/2" hole. I have mated it to a 920gm. A.Zildjian-Trixon, cymbal bought on ebay from a forum member. They make a good pair with lots of chick and shimmer---very full sounding.

Posted on 11 years ago

Another showing the HI-HAT stamp.

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

This is a 16 1/8" or 409mm cymbal with 8 brass rivets and a 1/2" hole. 1091gm., including the rivets.

Posted on 11 years ago

A few others , also showing the rivets.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here