Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

New Beats hats...Zildjys

What year was this line introduced and when was it discontinued?..I found an old pr of 14" hats and im hoping they,re 60,s vintage

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

Also...these are not marked Made in USA..or anywhere...Its not like its rubbed off,it just isin,t there..Does this help age these? i hope.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

From wayne

Also...these are not marked Made in USA..or anywhere...Its not like its rubbed off,it just isin,t there..Does this help age these? i hope.

No, not at all. The Made in U.S.A just didn't get imprinted as sometimes happens. But all the Avedis trademarks from the beginning until today have that.

Posted on 13 years ago

New Beats are still made by Zildjian today. As far as when they were introduced, I think in the mid 70's. Is there any printing on them anywhere, other than the trademark? New Beats are fairly heavy cymbals, and should be easy to differentiate between 60's hats, which were all pretty thin.

Posted on 13 years ago

I have a pair from the 80's - very heavy bottom. Supposed to be the most recorded hats ever? Only hats I heard better were K mastersound, tried them side by side - agreed? I've had Paiste 602 sound edge and Weckl HHX's, but the New Beats were the best - really cut through, although the Sabians were very close.

Anyone drilled them like Quick beats

John Chapman
Posted on 13 years ago

I have a New Beat set that has the 1-1/2 inch large stamp with 3 dots and has the ink stamp New Beat on it as well. I don't know the year but its before the Hollow Ink logo cymbals of the 70's.

Posted on 13 years ago

I believe mine are the same as yours but the top is much more flexible than the bottom,and i understand it was meant to be that way???I LOVE THEM!!!..Whats a pr worth these days from the 60-70,s?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here