Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

need to know how much these cymbals are worth

i have these old 60's zildjian hi hat cymbals and ride cymbal. could someone tell me how much their worth? my camera isn't good enough to make a clear enough picture to where you can see the stamp but i know there zildjian and there from the 60's if it helps theres a 091 or its 09 by the signature looking thing thats on zildjian cymbals on both the hi hat and ride.

Posted on 9 years ago

Sizes, weights, etc. ??

BTW - Ebay completed listings are a good source for pricing.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

I'm not completely sure what you mean by "signature looking thing" and 091 or 09. Reading up here may help you with terminology:

http://black.net.nz/avedis/avedis-gallery.html

If you mean the 0 looking and 9 looking and 1 looking characters in the Ottoman section, then all Avedis Zildjian cymbals have that (except a few 70s ones which are outside the scope of this discussion although you will also find them illustrated on my site).

As best I can tell, the 0 and 9 and 1 translate as the A and V and E of AVEDIS written in Ottoman (and read right to left). The 0 9 1 looking characters I'm talking about are above the three dots which are circled in red in the photo (follow the link above and you may need to scroll down a little -- it depends on the size of your browser window).

Is that what you mean?

From Drummerjohn333

Sizes, weights, etc. ??

As Drummerjohn says, in order to give an assessment of expected price we need two inputs: diameter and weight. Diameter is the most important factor in estimating price, followed by weight. That's presuming you have the decade correctly identified, of course. You don't buy Avedis Zildjian cymbals by the inch, but as a first pass price predictor diameter does pretty well. After that come condition and reputation of seller plus quality of ad (these last two if you are selling on eBay). Of course how they sound makes a difference, but alas we don't often get a chance to hear them before buying.

From Drummerjohn333

BTW - Ebay completed listings are a good source for pricing.

That's SOLD listings on eBay, not those which are completed but didn't sell. I track such sales to get a larger sample, but for very common cymbals you can get a pretty good idea from SOLD listings since they cover 3 months. Of course identifying those which didn't sell (because the price wanted was too high or the opening bid set too high) can help establish where the estimated price sits -- but this takes more analysis.

Posted on 9 years ago

the hi hat cymbals are 14 in, and the ride is 20 inch. i don't have a scale to weigh them

Posted on 9 years ago

I was finally able to get a decent picture of the stamp

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

That looks like a 70s stamp to me, not a 60s. Several of the diagnostic features are missing, meaning I can't say 100%. But that won't change the expected price range much. The 70s stamp: http://black.net.nz/avedis/avedis-gallery.html#70s

I'd say the expected price ranges knowing what we know (diameter only) are something like:

20" ride $80-$150

14" hi hats $100-$160

but you can check this by going an looking at eBay SOLD listings yourself. Note that the ranges I give here are what you would expect maybe 80% of the time. But some cymbals will sometimes sell for higher or lower than the expected range.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here