Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

need help with place to store drums!!!

Hi haven't been on in awhile but i got a question.

I'm looking to start a band with my friends but space is limited. band3

Are storage facilities a good idea to hold practices at. If anyone knows prices that would be awesome too.

Posted on 15 years ago

I know a couple of dudes that used to rehearse out of a storage facility, sounded kind of odd to me. I guess you have to do what you have to do. I would look in your local music happenings paper, they usually have practice spaces for rent.

Posted on 15 years ago

thanx for the help

Posted on 15 years ago

I just got out of a band that was playing @ a u-hall place, and it really depends on a lot of things, as to whether this is something you want to do.

first off is the heat/cold bit. It's freakin brutal, but fans and small heaters can do wonders if your desperate.

second is the location of the facility, is it a place you can stay late and still play loud..etc..

and third is the fact that it can be expensive unless you get a small..10x10 or so space.

I think we payed 80 a month, but if we would have had one more band member this would have been to small and the price would have been a good bit more. But still, 20 or 30 bucks a month aint bad for a nice dry place, just get ready to buy padding for the walls at a funature or mattress place, and lots of cords to run to an outside socket.

good luck.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Wow...around here you could NEVER get away with that. Facility management would bust you in a minute.....

It's gotten to the point that here in town, 2 bands or more rent one bona-fide rehearsal space and rotate on and off...that makes it pretty inexpensive.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

yeah,

pros and cons of living in the country, this is def. a pro. like 20 years ago, we had like 10 bands in a large storage facility, so much so that we blew the main ciruit to the whole place...ahh memories!!

Posted on 15 years ago

From Johnnycrash

...first off is the heat/cold bit. second is the location of the facility... third is that it can be expensive...

And, fourth, your loud playing advertises to anyone within ear-shot that there is musical gear worth breaking in after. Especially if you're heard there a few times or more...

Posted on 15 years ago

Yea Beatnikjazz has a point.

I dont want my stuff being stolen by some genious that figured out my practice area.baby crawl2

But dont they have security gaurds and other things like that to protect my stuff.

Posted on 15 years ago

From Taman

Yea Beatnikjazz has a point.I dont want my stuff being stolen by some genious that figured out my practice area.baby crawl2But dont they have security gaurds and other things like that to protect my stuff.

Not most places, only during the day is someone onsite, but we had two other bands in the same place, and only one house around, so a theif would have to gain access and figure which unit you are in unless you leave all your trash everywhere outside, In which case you might not last anyhow, but really if someone wants to steal, they usually find a way no matter what.

we were there 2 years, and nerver had ANY issues. well there was the time we threw a fuse with a heater....

Posted on 15 years ago

well there was the time we threw a fuse with a heater....

XD

what else were u running on electric

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here