Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Need Help With Cymbal ID

Hi, I have this vintage cymbal that reminds me of an old orchestral or trap set type model. It's around 11" and is showing on the scale at 750 grams.

I believe it displays some hand hammering and does look like B20 bronze to me with lathing on it. I can make out the marks "made in" on the top of the circular stamp with what apperas to be the makers mark on the bottom of the stamp which looks like: BEll with more letters (approximately 5-6 total) that I can't make out??? I have some pictures available but no place to store them at the moment.

Thanks for any help with this possible ID!!!

Posted on 11 years ago

Picture really is necessary. The circular stamp is somewhat revealing but, it only narrows it. Circular stamps were common.

Posted on 11 years ago

Yeah, a picture would help. The circular "Made in" part could possibly be Italy, as older UFIP cymbals and others had a circular or square logo Could you possibly make out the other word as Bellotti?

Posted on 11 years ago

From jeff_r0x

Yeah, a picture would help. The circular "Made in" part could possibly be Italy, as older UFIP cymbals and others had a circular or square logo Could you possibly make out the other word as Bellotti?

Yes, I matched up the logo with a picture of a known Bellotti I saw on the net and it's perfect match!!!

Thank you all very much!!!

Posted on 11 years ago

Very cool, but I still want to see pics.

Posted on 11 years ago

From jeff_r0x

Very cool, but I still want to see pics.

OK, I'm glad I was able to upload the pictures!!! I read that this is a very rare brand of cymbal. What do you think the value of it might be?

Once again, Thanks!!!:)

Posted on 11 years ago

It looks like a Bellotti to me. It's rare, yes. But rare doesn't always translate into cash value, as in this case. It's worth almost nothing.

Posted on 11 years ago

OK, Thanks!!!

I'm just going to use it as an accent type cymbal on my kit anyway.

It's definetly a Bellotti because I found the exact complete logo on another one that's for sale during my web searches. I opened two windows on my PC side by side to view them together and it was spot on.

It sure is a heavy little cymbal and it does have a very unique sound to it!

Once again, thanks for all the fast & great replies!!!!

Posted on 11 years ago

At that thickness, it could have been a hi hat or small band cymbal. What type of sound? I'm thinking a lot of cymbals from this period had a darker, trashier sound than would be en vogue today, but with its thickness, I'm kind of curious.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here