Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Need Help on a Paiste 602

Hello all. Need some help on a 602 I'm looking at. It's a 24" ride, red label. I know with the early 2002's some were black label. Does anyone know if the early 602's were black or have the always been red? Also what was the first year they were intro'd...thanx.. mike..

Posted on 14 years ago

does it say Ride In red Ink!?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

The Paiste Formula 602 was born in 1957.

Serial numbers were added about 1971. The early cymbals had an embossed Paiste logo at 12:00. Hand stamped black ink for another logo and red or black ink for the type and size of the cymbal. That combination was used until the 1980's. Hope that helps.

BTW Moniker has nothing to do with my drumming!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

does it say Ride In red Ink!?

yes. I'm pretty sure this was the starting point for the soundcreation line. The logo is the same. You? thanx for your reply... mike

Posted on 14 years ago

From lightning

The Paiste Formula 602 was born in 1957.Serial numbers were added about 1971. The early cymbals had an embossed Paiste logo at 12:00. Hand stamped black ink for another logo and red or black ink for the type and size of the cymbal. That combination was used until the 1980's. Hope that helps.

Paiste is stamped. It's got "medium" in red, no size. And the same stamp as my Soundcreation bright ride which I bought in "77" No serial # I'm thinking this was the series before the Soundcreation.. thanx for the info...mike

Posted on 14 years ago

From brichfan

Paiste is stamped. It's got "medium" in red, no size.

The red size stamp should be inside the bell.

And the same stamp as my Soundcreation bright ride which I bought in "77"

The black hand stamp or the embossed Paiste logo?

No serial #

Serial numbers started about 1971.

I'm thinking this was the series before the Soundcreation.. thanx for the info...mike

Yes... the Sound Creation line started in 1976, the embossed logo was round and the hand stamped Paiste logo was black. It sounds like you have two very rare cymbals. Can you post a photo?

Posted on 14 years ago

I've attached a pic of the logo of a 20" 602 I bought used around 1981.

It's a nice cymbal and records very well. The cup is nice and it crashes pretty well - a very easy to control cymbal. The negatives would be that it never affected me like the old K's did, the 602 has more of what I'd call a commercial sound. It's a cymbal they would make a drum machine sample out of, because it sounds very typically "ride cymbal".

It always sounded great on "Tequila" for some reason. Guitar Dude Man

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I have recordings of Joe Morello playing Zildjians and during his Paiste years and man he could always pick the special cymbals.

Here’s a photo of a Paiste 602 found in the back of a music store. It has the embossed logo, black ink Paiste stamp & size, and red inked cymbal type.

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Bill from Classicvintagedrums.com had a 22" pre-serial 602 with a red "MEDIUM" printed on it.

where is this 24" ?

if you don't buy it can i?

;)

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From LudwigLover

Bill from Classicvintagedrums.com had a 22" pre-serial 602 with a red "MEDIUM" printed on it.where is this 24" ?if you don't buy it can i?;)

This has medium in red on it as well. It has something on the bell also but can't make it out from the photo. I have no problem you buying it if I don't. What goes around comes around. I hopefully going to see it this week. I'll let you know...cheers...mike.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here