Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Mystery lightweight 15" hats

So these cymbals came with an early-70s Pearl kit I bought. Like the drums they were covered in gunk and I assumed since the other cymbal with them was a brass Camber that these were of similar low quality. But then as I looked closer they turned out to be much better than that. However, NO identifying marks at all that I can find--no stamps, nothing! The closest I could come to believing there was anything was an inky-looking splotch on the inside of the bell of one of them. You can see it in pic #3.

Can anyone offer any thoughts on what they might be from the hammer pattern in the pix below? The first three are of the inside of the top hat, the final one's of the outside of the bottom hat, where the lathe marks are more visible. Thanks, all.

Currently playing for loud rock and roll gigs:
1982 Ludwig Classic in white Cortex, 24-13-14-18 + Coliseum snare
For quieter gigs:
Early '70s Whitehall Tiger Eye Pearl 20-12-14-14
Neglected but thinking about:
Early '70s Sonor Champions in Rosewood, 22-12-13-16
Posted on 12 years ago

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/cymbalexamples/Ajaha-Logo-600.gif[/img]

Posted on 12 years ago

Well lookathere. That totally fits because the guy I bought the Pearls from also had some Gretsches from the same era. Well done, and thanks!

Currently playing for loud rock and roll gigs:
1982 Ludwig Classic in white Cortex, 24-13-14-18 + Coliseum snare
For quieter gigs:
Early '70s Whitehall Tiger Eye Pearl 20-12-14-14
Neglected but thinking about:
Early '70s Sonor Champions in Rosewood, 22-12-13-16
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here