Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

Mystery cymbals

What do you guys think these could be? Seller says no markings, but I think he just can't be bothered to look for engravings. He wants 25 dollars, so I think I'm gonna go for it. The larger one looks like it might actually be bronze, and the hammering also looks real.

14" hats and 16" crash?

3 attachments
Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 9 years ago

No clue what these could be, but at $25 I think you can't really go wrong. Let us know how they sound if you buy them.

Posted on 9 years ago

+1

mike

Posted on 9 years ago

I'm guessing Chinese. Some of the new budget cymbals I've seen out of China are actually quite nice - hammered and dark with some character. I got a pair of hi hats for $10 practically brand new and they're on my practice kit. Used them on a trio gig earlier this year and they were great.

Posted on 9 years ago

Thank you guys.

He says he's had them for several years.

Couldn't they be CB700 or something of the sorts?

Anyway, I bought them, even if they're junk, it won't ruin me, so let's just wait untill they get here. What will they be like?? I'm excited, it's a thrill of exploration and hunt!

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 9 years ago

I think you may have some early MIJ cymbals that came with 60's and early 70's made in Japan stencil kits, which were manufactured by the precursor to the Pearl drum company..That would make sense seeing as how there aren't any stamps or engravings..

Sometimes these cymbals are great sounding, but the majority of the time they sound like trash can lids.. I once did a session at my cousin's studio and he had a set of Zilco cymbals that came with an old 60's Pearl drum kit, and they sounded phenomenal.. Whatever the case, can't go wrong for $25 !! Let us know how they sound.. ;)

Posted on 9 years ago

I don't think these are MIJ at all. And they don't look like CB700 either. They're probably generic no name made in China cymbals which are basically Wuhans. I don't think these are brass or B8. They appear to be hammered B20. They're probably very trashy sounding and musical. I'd be a buyer at $25 for sure. They're probably cast B20. Good luck.

Posted on 9 years ago

From human71

I think you may have some early MIJ cymbals that came with 60's and early 70's made in Japan stencil kits, which were manufactured by the precursor to the Pearl drum company..That would make sense seeing as how there aren't any stamps or engravings..Sometimes these cymbals are great sounding, but the majority of the time they sound like trash can lids.. I once did a session at my cousin's studio and he had a set of Zilco cymbals that came with an old 60's Pearl drum kit, and they sounded phenomenal..

Well, Zilco were not MIJ stencil cymbals - they were the real deal, made by Zildjian mostly in the US or Canada.

Posted on 9 years ago

If you did not know where to look for the stamp on older Zildjians, you would describe the cymbal as "no markings" .

Wait until you see them. Even someone who bothered to look might miss a cymbal stamp, and ink markings can be easily erased, even by accident.

Posted on 9 years ago

I am thinking Italian...looking at the bells....and..lots would have...NO MARKINGS!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here