Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Mystery A Zildjian 14" Hats.Strange Weight/Stamp/Lathing...HELP! Last viewed: 12 hours ago

I have a pair of 14" Zildjian Hi Hats. From the look of the printed logo on the bottom--hollow letters--the cymbals could be 70's--BUT--the strange thing about them is both in the lathing and the Stamp.

The cymbals themselves seem to be a bit heavier than any 70's era Zildjians that I have come across and the lathing looks much older and less refined than most 70's Zildjians--more like 50's.

Finally, the stamp logo says Zildjian CO, but the "O" in CO is not underlined like most or all of the stamps that I have seen. All of the letters are the same size and all in caps.

Anyone have any info?

Posted on 15 years ago

late 70's possibly very early 80's.

Posted on 15 years ago

From Drumaholic

late 70's possibly very early 80's.

what's the deal with the stamp? How long did they use this non underlined O?

Posted on 15 years ago

Starting from that time and later.

Posted on 15 years ago

From Drumaholic

Starting from that time and later.

Are you sure about that? I work in drum retail and see a ton of vintage Zildjian cymbals come through and I feel like I've seen next to every A Zildjian stamp--not screened logo--and this one looks close to others, but I have yet to see the CO without the underlined O. Was there a time that they stopped doing that? If it was Late 70's to Early 80's then when did they go back to the underlined CO? Because, most of the 70's and 80's--and pretty much every Zildjian--has the O in the Zildjian Co underlined.

Was this a special CO to indicate a factory 2nd? Or that it was made specially for someone? I just find it odd.

Posted on 15 years ago

From nohumanape

Are you sure about that? I work in drum retail and see a ton of vintage Zildjian cymbals come through and I feel like I've seen next to every A Zildjian stamp--not screened logo--and this one looks close to others, but I have yet to see the CO without the underlined O. Was there a time that they stopped doing that? If it was Late 70's to Early 80's then when did they go back to the underlined CO? Because, most of the 70's and 80's--and pretty much every Zildjian--has the O in the Zildjian Co underlined.Was this a special CO to indicate a factory 2nd? Or that it was made specially for someone? I just find it odd.

They must have gone back to it at some point, but I don't know exactly when. My interest with Zildjian trademarks only extends up to the 1970's.

Posted on 15 years ago

So you've encountered the big CO before?

Posted on 15 years ago

From nohumanape

So you've encountered the big CO before?

Yes I have. The lasr was on a hollow ink logo 19" which I believe was from the late 70's or early 80's. After that they went to solid ink logos.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here