Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

My older 15" Zildjians

I bought this 15" hi hat pair used in 1955. The symbols are shown and they are not the same. What have I here ? One is USA made one is Turkish. They are 703 grahams and appear to be a matched set. The Turkish model has some unintelligible script in faded black on the inside of the bell . Could this be the artists signature ? It also has a couple of minor imperfections on the edge.

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

The cymbal on the right is a Istanbul K, Made in Turkey. Very collectible to the right person. The cymbal on the left is American made, not as valuable as the Istanbul, I'm guessing around the 30's to 40's

Drumaholic is the one for cymbals, probably going to need a close up of badges for better clarity to determine. Then again, Drumaholic just knows this stuff....

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]If you are close to correct about those weights, the Turkish K Zildjian is worth about $375-400 if in good shape.

That old, old, old Avedis ('30's-'40's) is not far behind...that's a pre-Transition-Stamp....& worth a good $250-280.

If the 'imperfections' are nicks or 'fleabites'...no big deal. If what you mean is dents, waves, or warps....then that is more significant, and can drive the value down......

...those are mighty cool !!!![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here