Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Most unbelievable deal and luck!!!

My wife and I dropped off the kids at Grandmas for 3 weeks and have been enjoying getting to spend some time together alone. Last weekend, we went to the local mountains for a nights stay at my parents cabin. As I had band practice on Sunday afternoon, our trip was very brief. When we got home, I for whatever reason turned on the computer and checked the local Craigslist before band practice.

There was a minutes old ad for a set of Zildjian Istanbul hi hats cymbals listed for a ridiculous price. I called the number and got a recorded message that said the number was no longer in use. Thats when I realized that the area code was one digit off, I then redialed what I thought to be the correct number and was greeted by a kind voice that said they were a retiring musician and they also had 2 other cymbals for sale that were similar to the K's.

Long story short......I got a pair of Istanbul K hi hats, a same era and type ride cymbal at 20 inches in diameter, as well as a 20 inch sizzle ride of the same style and era with rivets for an unbelievably low price.

I have been having some incredibly great luck with drum stuff lately. I don't know why, but I'm very thankful for it.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 12 years ago

Better send me 10 bucks, & we'll share a lottery ticket...

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 12 years ago

Maybe we should start posting ads in senior citizen,s homes to the attention of the "retired musicians" who wish to sell those old treasures?Eye Ball

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

From longjohn

Better send me 10 bucks, & we'll share a lottery ticket...CheersJohn

John, I buy lottery tickets. No luck there, trust me I wish I did!

From wayne

Maybe we should start posting ads in senior citizen,s homes to the attention of the "retired musicians" who wish to sell those old treasures?Eye Ball

This fellow lived in a very nice home, was a retired banker and was going to have heart surgery in a few weeks. He knew they were worth quite more than what he sold them for. Funny thing is I haven't met him. My cousin lived a few miles from him and picked up the cymbals for me.

I think we all find good luck in different areas, mine just happens to be in drums and cymbals....

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 12 years ago

It's just cruel to post a thread like this without some pics!

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here