Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

most incredibly thin zildjian trans stamp hi hats ive ever seen !!!

hey guys,

just picked these babies up... the most thin trans stamp hats ive ever seen!

so thin that you can see the zildjian stamp imprint on the bottom of the cymbal!!!!!!

this is the first time ive ever seen this, is it common??

also, theres no 'avedis' in the stamp on the bottom hi hat!

any idea on what these babies are worth? thanks in advance!

4 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

From roundbadgedude

hey guys,just picked these babies up... the most thin trans stamp hats ive ever seen!so thin that you can see the zildjian stamp imprint on the bottom of the cymbal!!!!!!this is the first time ive ever seen this, is it common??also, theres no 'avedis' in the stamp on the bottom hi hat!any idea on what these babies are worth? thanks in advance!

First: You're asking this question in the wrong place. Vintage cymbals is the department you want. Tell 'em Bill sent you.

Second: You failed provide us a with one crucial piece of information....the size.

Posted on 11 years ago

From Drumaholic

First: You're asking this question in the wrong place. Vintage cymbals is the department you want. Tell 'em Bill sent you.Second: You failed provide us a with one crucial piece of information....the size.

What Bill said. And I'd love to know the weight, as well as the diameter.

I've got a 620g 14" Trans stamp, and I can just barely see the more deeply impressed parts of the stamp on the other side. Nothing as clear as yours.

Posted on 11 years ago

I have a very thin pair of trans stamps, you can see the stamp through the back and they are sharp at the edges, they are very washy as you would expect.

Posted on 11 years ago

i think they need paired with a heavy bottom but thats just me ive experimented with different weights and come to find out the lighter top cymbal

with the heaver bottom adds more chink and does not wash out so much ....

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 11 years ago

From jaghog

i think they need paired with a heavy bottom but thats just me ive experimented with different weights and come to find out the lighter top cymbalwith the heaver bottom adds more chink and does not wash out so much ....

I agree. I pair my Trans stamp 620g with a 1960s 1120g. Sound nice to me. I love the pair (and the playing) shown in this video. Something to aspire to with mine. If only I could play like this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcanABdfqEQ&feature=relmfu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcanABdfqEQ&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Posted on 11 years ago

I have a couple of cymbals whose stamps are visible through the back. The area around the stamp is also impressed, looking like a giant (2" or so) hammer mark. Is that the case with yours?

But, yeah, it's pretty common with the Trans Stamps and the stamp right before, but not so much with the even earlier stamps or the 50s stamps and after...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 11 years ago

I have a pair of Trans-Stamps that have similar characteristics. They are 15" and weigh 885 & 935g.

You can see the stamp from the bottom (look at 7 o'clock)

[IMG]http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/FTG3/P1010204.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 11 years ago

From roundbadgedude

hey guys,just picked these babies up... the most thin trans stamp hats ive ever seen!so thin that you can see the zildjian stamp imprint on the bottom of the cymbal!!!!!!this is the first time ive ever seen this, is it common??also, theres no 'avedis' in the stamp on the bottom hi hat!any idea on what these babies are worth? thanks in advance!

I have a very thin 12" trans stamp where you can see some stamp extrusions on the other side.of the cymbal.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here