Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

MIJ cymbals

I just made a video about these. I would love to hear from anyone regarding what the heck these things are (composition). My 22in Caravan is very flexible.

Anyone else have these old things? BTW, anyone wanting to sell any? I know a buyer. He's probably reading this right now!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA3pvQnR61c[/ame]

BTW - wish I had a good external mic set up....working on that. This is in MONO, limitation of the camera. WATCH on HD1080.

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago

I have a set of Stewart 12`hats and a 14" cymbal...Possibly would sell them, but not sure if the shipping from Canada would be worth while or not...Pm me if interested...

Sorry, don`t have pics right now but will send some if interested...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 12 years ago

I just picked up a couple of nasty old cymbals that I'm just now getting around to cleaning. Wondering what's under all that gunk.

If you crank the record volume way down from where it's set, your sound would be much better. Obviously, you would need to adjust when you're speaking, but for cymbal and drum recording, it should suffice. I had to do the same thing on my analog and digital setups. It seems to be the one variable that most do not address for YouTube drum and cymbal videos.

I sincerely hope this helps you.

P.S. "The man who has accepted it has certified that God is truthful." - is this the origin of your user name?

What Would You Do
Posted on 12 years ago

I have a 16" that I am using to shovel manure out of a curved channel into the holding tank with. Works quite well for that. ----By the way, the patina is gone by now, so if you are looking for a cymbal with that old tyme feeling---this isn't the one but it will have way more articulation and better separation between the wash and the stick, than it would have had otherwise . I'd sell it though, even though it is my favorite cymbal for this application. $1.99 + shipping. Made from premium recycled cannon shells metal detected on the beach at Minimata. Price includes sterilization ,rinsing and sundrying----which is more care than was put into the making of it.

Posted on 12 years ago

My first hi-hat stand was an MIJ "Pro Pedal" with 14" Caravan Cymbals! Are the cymbals just stamped "Caravan" in all caps near the cymbal's edge?

I liked that old hi-hat. It had a footboard similar to the Ludwig 1123-1 and a metal linkage. I also remember that it had a flush base. Those were my only cymbals on my kit, so I remember always having the top cymbal about 5 inches above the bottom so I could crash and ride on it!

I assume my Dad bought it new (it was a Christmas present, circa 1978 or so).

Posted on 12 years ago

Adding this to this knowledge bank......

http://bennettdrums.com/museum/elvin-jones-pearl-22-medium-ride-cymbal-74-295-00/

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5m4IgEm9Q"]Elvin Jones' Pearl 22" Ride Cymbal - YouTube[/ame]

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here