Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

MIJ Club Date Blue Sparkle 12/14/20/14 SD

Greetings.

This is an unbranded MIJ kit. It has the thicker shells with no re-rings. When I got these, the insides of the shells were painted gloss black. I sanded the insides and repainted them with a flat white primer, similar to the Ludwig "Reso-Coat" finish. I did cover up a few extra holes in the snare, rack and floor toms, but I filled them in with wood filler and painted over them, so you can't even tell.

The outsides had the wrap removed and were also painted gloss black. I sanded them down lightly and I wrapped them with Blue Glitter Crafting Vinyl wrap. It is very similar to regular drum wrap. It reflects light very brilliantly just like glitter wrap does. It has a bit of a rough exterior feel (Imagine 220 grit sandpaper), but it looks fantastic. Here's a link to the product I used:

https://www.fabricempire.com/glitter-vinyl-fabric.aspx

It's very durable and hides scratches and dings well; better than regular wrap. I installed it with heavy duty double sided carpet tape, so if you ever wanted to remove it, it would be pretty easy but it holds rock solid until you wish to remove it.

Sizes are 8" x12, 14" x 14", 5" x 14" and 14" x 20". All center mounted lugs. Rack tom and floor tom have 6 lugs per head. Snare and bass have 8 lugs per head. Factory rail mount with a DW L-arm. Suspension mount on rack tom with a Ludwig Classic bracket. Ludwig classic brackets on floor tom with factory straight legs. An additional Ludwig Classic bracket on the bass drum for a cymbal L-arm (not included). P85 Copy strainer on snare. Quality heads all around. Stock bass drum spurs. Wood hoops on the bass drum with matching inlay. 2.3mm hoops on the rack and floor toms. (Snare stand shown not included).

This is a fun little kit to play and it looks great! It's super clean and the bearing edges are in great shape. Sounds great! You can tune it up for jazz or low and thuddy for rock and it performs well in both instances.

Priced to move at $350 plus shipping. For some gas money, I am also willing to meet within a 100 mile radius of Cincinnati OH, which would include Columbus OH, Dayton OH, Indianapolis IN, Louisville KY and Lexington KY.

You won't be disappointed with these.

Thanks,

V

5 attachments
131.8 kB
114.2 kB
136.8 kB
146.8 kB
108.3 kB
Posted on 2 years ago

A few more photos...............

3 attachments
124.4 kB
132.1 kB
Posted on 2 years ago

Very nice. What a great deal!!!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 2 years ago

WOW!!!............Those look incredible and are certainly better than new with all that Ludwig hardware added, You sure have a magic touch to your restorations GREAT JOB!!!

Posted on 2 years ago

looks like a nicely-done job!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 2 years ago

Beautiful! you did an awesome job V. I'm almost tempted, but....anyway, nice set of drums, you should be proud. I don't think you will have any trouble selling them.

Stay Wiggly,
Robyn
Posted on 2 years ago

Hard to believe no one snatched these up at this price. They are on Reverb now, but still available.

Posted on 2 years ago

Sold on Reverb in less than 24 hours.

Thanks everyone!

Posted on 2 years ago

Nice kit. Great color. Someone scored!

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here