Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Meinl Byzance

Ok...hard questions.....

I know Murat Diril worked with Meinl on the Byzance series.....but,later Meinl went on without him......

Was there a major falling out...like with Paiste?

Have you heard of this series prone to cracking?...I have seen quite a few !

Anyone have any clues as to dating them via serial numbers?

Lastly,now Meinl has their own company in Turkey........making them.....completely new building?

Thanks......have a 22" med Crash in this later series I got for $140 to my door....SOUNDS GREAT.......thing new is around $400 out the door!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 9 years ago

Hi Blair

I can't help you with info about cracking and serial numbers

What I know is that there is Meinl factory in Samsun city.And cymbals

are made by some other Diril relatives.One is also named Murat Diril,but not Murat from Murat Diril cymbals,and other is Adnan Diril.According to Meinl,cymbals are made in Turkey until some point and finishing is done in Germany

Selling cymbals Made in Turkey

http://turkishcymbalserbia.weebly.com/
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks Dule..you were the only reply out of 133 views!>>I said..tough questions....guess I was right.....

Posted on 9 years ago

Does Meinl Byzance even count as Vintage?

I have owned a Meinl Byzance Jazz Thin 18". A very nice sounding cymbal. I wasn't too impressed with the Ride cymbal that I tried in the store, but that crash sounded excellent! It ended up with a crack at the bell hole, but probably because I lent it to a ham-fisted student while I was away. I should have just gave him some beginner cymbals. I'm way too kind! Ended up trading it in the end for a 22" K Custom Dry Light Ride. Not a bad trade at all. I later sold the K Dry Light. probably should have hung onto that one. They're rarer than hen's teeth in 22" as I later discovered.

Posted on 9 years ago

Chromeo..you are right..might not even be vintage!..Sorry if you feel it's not...

Not too many places to ask questions about cymbals though.....not getting much help..even on Cymbalholic.com.....

Posted on 9 years ago

From blairndrums

Chromeo..you are right..might not even be vintage!..Sorry if you feel it's not...Not too many places to ask questions about cymbals though.....not getting much help..even on Cymbalholic.com.....

I don't mind it at all. I like to talk about anything drum related. I don't think that anybody should get upset about the occasional not so vintage thread. At least you're not mentioning some company that just popped up over night. Meinl have been around for ages. I noticed your ad for the splash too. Nice early one. I bought my crash brand new in 2009. I haven't bought a new cymbal since. It had the look of an old K or Spizz with the hammering. It didn't sound too far off an old K 18" either. I don't care what anyone says. :) Maybe I just got a really good one!

Posted on 9 years ago

I have some Byzance Traditional Medium 13" hats....964g/1152g...same vintage..I MIGHT sell...

Posted on 9 years ago

Just last night I purchased a meinl traditional ping ride from hazelshould Id been looking for a ride to use for big band- not sure if I've made the right decision I need something that will cut through brass a bit more than my 40 s zildjian 22" trans stamp!! - more defenition. trouble is I've never played or heard any meinl cymbals live...... My budget is limited.

I love the jazz era
Posted on 9 years ago

I have been reading up A LOT on Byzance's..and all over the world...people are saying how great they sound....

Posted on 9 years ago

Now..I am on a big hunt for them.....they make big size crashes too...not all companies do....

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here