Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Mac stacks

Did Zildjian back in the early days make a mac stack like you see on drums sets these days

i know they made them by other brands but did vintage zildjian make their own mac stacks .....if you know what i am talking about here

Posted on 12 years ago

Back in the early 90's they made an A. Series 12" china and called it an "EFX Piggyback" that was meant to be used as a stacker with other cymbals.

It only lasted a year or two and Zildjian discontinued it. I had one and used an 8" splash and top of it. It sounded cool but I never had the call to use it. I ended up hanging on to it over the years and finally sold it last year.

By itself, it was basically a small china that sounded just like the 12" Wuhan's and Agazarian's (GC Brand) today.

Posted on 12 years ago

LOL

So old Zildjian never made a mac stack cymbals until the 1990s

hell that is hard to believe .Heck i thought the vintage Z's made little of every thing back in the early days

Posted on 12 years ago

Stacking cymbals can always yield an interesting sound, & they don't have to be especially made by anyone , or be any particular size. (You may notice that Quest Love may occasionally have something stacked).

Posted on 12 years ago

Man

All i just wanted to know is did Zildjian in the 1970s or 80s made them

if i would go out and look for a set ....Bottom price it would might possible be

Posted on 12 years ago

??????????

Sorry if we gave you too much information. Just trying to answer your question. If you prefer it this way:

No, Zildjian did not introduce any special stacking cymbals until about 1990, as above. They have not introduced or made available any special stacking cymbals since.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here