Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

Ludwig keystone badges! 80's era

I recently acquired a set of Ludwigs, my first ever Ludwigs would you believe!

22x14

13x9

14x10

16x16

They're all in Cortex White with aftermarket mounts drilled into the shell and the wrap's a big worn out so I'm keen to re-wrap these and plug all the unecessary extra holes that were drilled in the shell. However, the floor tom/bass drum are the blue/olive badge and the 2 rack toms are keystones. In the interests of keeping these looking all the same, I'm looking for chicago era keystone badges from the early 80's as pictured here.

Will also consider monroe badges, will also consider trading my blue/olives (the pointy ended ones it seems) for anyone with the keystones I need. Before anyone gets up in arms about me taking away the shells original badges, the shells all seem to be the same 6ply maple/poplar mix. Physically, the shells all have the same spec, same finish, but come from slightly different eras so swapping out the badge won't really take away that much from their authenticity... i don't think. And i'm looking to keep these drums anyway, not keen to resell.

So, long story short. Anyone got a pair of these? They'd need to be shipped to Perth, Australia (6062). I'm hoping postage won't be too crazy, I've seen some badges on ebay and the shipping for those little items are just so prohibitively expensive. I'd probably have better luck getting blue/olive badges to suit but I prefer the look of the keystones...

Posted on 8 years ago

2nd gen keystones not to many here with those

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 8 years ago

I have one actually. Took it off a 26" bass drum some months back. Sold the shell, but the buyer didn't care about the badge. Chicago era, good condition. Still has the original grommet attached.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

ARCHxANGEL was kind enough to send me his badge for a very reasonable price!

1 more to go now, anyone have a spare 80's era Chicago keystone badge to send to Perth, Australia? :)

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here