Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Ludwig Inserts - Long and Short?

Hi everyone,

Been looking around for a bit and can't seem to find any info on when Ludwig used shorter inserts for their classic lugs instead of the long chrome ones. The shorter inserts I'm talking about are brass but have a dark finish and barely come outside of the casing when installed. I've got these on a 70's 3ply kit but the other Luddy drums I've been through have always had the longer chrome inserts. Anyone?

-BH

Posted on 13 years ago

From Bharrington

Hi everyone, Been looking around for a bit and can't seem to find any info on when Ludwig used shorter inserts for their classic lugs instead of the long chrome ones. The shorter inserts I'm talking about are brass but have a dark finish and barely come outside of the casing when installed. I've got these on a 70's 3ply kit but the other Luddy drums I've been through have always had the longer chrome inserts. Anyone?-BH

For what i know and it's my understanding is that ludwig used the long chrome inserts on double headed drums.And the shorter inserts on single headed drums...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here