Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Ludwig Gold Sparkles....good deal?

I would like to know if you Ludwig guys think this is a good deal.

Ludwig Gold Sparkle 13 rack, 16FT, 22 kick...with matching 8 lug wood snare.

The FT, kick and snare are Keystone, painted interior dated 1966. The rack tom is B/O rounded corners, speckled paint interior with re-rings.

The Keystone drums are all in good shape with excellent chrome and tight wrap with minimal fading. The only thing missing is internal mufflers on all the drums. The B/O has good wrap but pretty bad pitting on the lugs and an uneven bearing edge.....but it looks ok from a distance and matches the rest of the kit pretty well.

There is no hardware with the deal. He's asking $799 and I know he will come off this a bit. Please let me know your thoughts. I don't think these will hang around to long so I gotta pull the trigger pretty quick. Thanks in advance!

Posted on 16 years ago

So it is an 8 lug jazz fest in Gold Sparkle?

That is probably a $275 - $350 depending on condition and originality....

Take that off the rest of the drums, looks like a fair price to me since they do not match, so your really paying $500 for the bass drum and floor tom....

I would say $600 is a better price

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I agree with David ^^^

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks guys for the feedback. The Jazz fest is 9/10 with the exception of the internal muffler missing.

I forgot to say that the kick is a 10 lug if that means anything. Rail consolette and swinging legs too....but maybe that's std in '66. I should also say that the hoops are pretty much pristine. Only neg is that the L-arm is a Gibralter.

I'll see what I can do about getting him down close to $600.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here