Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Looking to trade pristine 1976 Ludwig LM400 for LM402

a few months back i was fortunate enough to acquire a complete 1976 ludwig stainless steel big beat outfit in extraordinary cosmetic/sonic condition. anyhow, though i am a recent ludwig convert and somewhat partial to the boxy like quality of the lm400, i'm far more partial (read my bandmates prefer) the more throaty and raspy quality of the lm402. so if anyone out there has an lm402 they're willing to trade for my lm400 (plus balance owed of course), please drop me a line or two. thanks.

Posted on 14 years ago

tbone76, welcome to the stainless steel club, no other wood or plastic drum even comes close, these are ludwig's ultimate drum!!!Cool1Cool1 but oh man aren't they heavy buggers though!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

thanks for the warm welcome. i was just getting a feel for the lay of the land around these parts when you called. this is truly an amazing site you (sorry--we've) got here. itching to try the speed king restoration tips i ran across in the restoration/help pages. how fortunate am i (sorry--we--how fortunate are we...?...geeze louise) Excited

Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah the VDF Rules!!!, hey your S/S ludwig kit is a 9x13,10x14,16x16,16x18 what size bass drum??

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

no siree, i gots me a full-on 1975 big beat outfit (8x12,13x9,16x16) matched suprahonic, atlas hardware, the works my friend, as found in the 1976 catalog

(http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/ludwig_sets/1976_ludwig_drumsets5.jpg). i aim to post the story here at vdf behind me acquiring this piece of ludwig history (which i use rather store--that is their purpose, yes?) as the story is quite amazing, at least to me it is. and what year might you have my friend.

Posted on 14 years ago

Stainless steel kit that i own some of it is in the drum gallery photos, i have a 9x13,10x14,12x15,16x16,16x18,14x24,14x26, and they are 1978 model, looking forward to your story,

Posted on 14 years ago

sure would like to see both of these kits set up what versitality,,

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here