Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Looking for 18" Zildjain crash

I also need to get me a 18" vintage Zildjain crash.

All my good cymbals are vintage Zildjain 16", 20" and 22"

Any suggestions on what to get that will sound great for Blues rock.

No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck.
Posted on 13 years ago

I just grabbed a 18" A.Zil Crash Ride yesterday.........

Crash Ride is in factory black letters.....

It's circa late 80's I am thinking............no serial numbers.............

Let me play it,get gram weight...........

Blair

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

My two big Zildjains are 60's and are plenty good for ride.

My 16" is a late 70's crash and sounds great.

So I am looking mainly for the crash 18" 60's or 70's

Open to suggestions.

Posted on 13 years ago

Allen,

I'd recommend keeping an eye on eBay auctions and your local Craigslist. I was able to pick up a mid-late 70s 18" Zildjian A (1535 grams) for $76 (including shipping) and an early-mid 80s Zildjian A (1770 grams) for $65 (including shipping) last year and was happy with what we received. I was trying to stay within a certain weight range since I wasn't able to hear them. I was able to get similar deals on 16", 20" and 14" hi hats for my son's new drum set as well. Ended up taking me 3-4 months but I saved a bunch of money and he ended up with some decent cymbals that sounded similar to the ones he had been playing on my old set. (15" hi hats, 16" and 20" Zildjian As from the 70s).

Scott

Posted on 13 years ago

I've been keeping an eye out for the same thing. There are quite a few 18" medium crashes out there.

Rock like a big dawg!
Posted on 13 years ago

HerronScott said I'd recommend keeping an eye on eBay auctions and your local Craigslist. I was able to pick up a mid-late 70s 18" Zildjian A (1535 grams) for $76 (including shipping) and an early-mid 80s Zildjian A (1770 grams) for $65 (including shipping) last year and was happy with what we received

The 1770 gram Zildjain A you say you are happy with.

I saw a 1700 gram Zildjain A on e-bay. How does that compare to the lighter 1535 gram?

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Allen,

I have a vintage 18' Crash Avedis Zildjian 40's/50's Trans stamp that I think you you might be interested in. It has a minor keyhole that has no effect on the unbelievable sound that it produces. It weighs 1278 grams! I also have a Avedis Zildjian 18" crash /ride from the 60's that hs 2 holes drilled for rivets. It weighs 1933 grams. You can view these cymbals at: http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff412/asinaco1/Zildjian%20Cymbals/

The cymbals are tagged and you will also see the 60's hats. PM me if interested.

Tony

Posted on 13 years ago

From Allen Bamm

The 1770 gram Zildjain A you say you are happy with.I saw a 1700 gram Zildjain A on e-bay. How does that compare to the lighter 1535 gram?

Allen,

Sorry but I'm not experienced enough to give you a good description of the sound differences between the 2 cymbals. They both have a very similar sound but there is some difference due to the slightly heavier weight of the one. Currently my son has them both set up on the set he's playing (16", 18", 18" and 20").

Scott

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here