Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Late 70's Zildjian A 16" Crash

I have a 70's crash that i do not use. This thing is pretty damn heavy (3.5 pounds) and very washy with ring for days! Is there a market for a heavy crash like this?

1962 Slingerland Studio King Blue Glass Glitter
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Psych Red FOR SALE
1972 Ludwig Hollywood 3 ply WMP
1970 Rogers Holiday 22"/12"/13"/16"/18"
Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Green"]That's like a 1500g 16" cymbal, if your weight is accurate. You may wanna take it to a UPS or post office and get a very accurate weight if you plan on selling....

That's pretty heavy.... considering a light 16" can be 900g and a medium about 1200-1300g. I mean, 1500g for a 17" is considered on the heavy side ....

Could be a useful heavy crash for someone....might have a market value of about $75 or so.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago

Someone with a micro-set might like it for a ride.

There's a buyer out there for it for some application fer sure.

[COLOR="Teal"]Good to hear from Jaye !!![/COLOR]

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

I just aquired a Zildjian 16" FIELD cymbal.It weighs in at 1700g. Perhaps you have a marching cymbal.

Posted on 13 years ago

Hey Kevins...you read my mind! I have a micro kit setup in the house with a converted 16x16 floor tom as a kick....and I was thinking it could be perfect for a ride!

Joe...I am leaving for Europe on a 2-week tour on Monday, but will hit you up when I get back as it may work for me. Do you have any sound clips, by chance?

- EMD
Posted on 13 years ago

From redneckdrum

I just aquired a Zildjian 16" FIELD cymbal.It weighs in at 1700g. Perhaps you have a marching cymbal.

I had a 60's or early 70's 16" Heavy Avedis Zildjian cymbal just like what you are describeing and it was one half of a marching cymbal pair. I used it as a crash and I liked it. You could hit it hard and it would explode. or ride lightly on it. Mine had a little brass ring inside the hole, I guess so the cymbal straps would not wear and they could spin. Unfortunately it was burned in a club fire. They were meant to be heavy crash cymbals.

Posted on 13 years ago

The 'brass ring' inside the center hole is a dead giveaway that it is a marching cymbal. Zildjian installed those brass ring's so they would'nt cut through the leather hand straps.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="Green"]That's like a 1500g 16" cymbal, if your weight is accurate. You may wanna take it to a UPS or post office and get a very accurate weight if you plan on selling....That's pretty heavy.... considering a light 16" can be 900g and a medium about 1200-1300g. I mean, 1500g for a 17" is considered on the heavy side ....Could be a useful heavy crash for someone....might have a market value of about $75 or so.[/COLOR]

The accurate weight is 3.5 lbs. Soo heavy.

Posted on 13 years ago

From ElMoonlightDrummer

Hey Kevins...you read my mind! I have a micro kit setup in the house with a converted 16x16 floor tom as a kick....and I was thinking it could be perfect for a ride!Joe...I am leaving for Europe on a 2-week tour on Monday, but will hit you up when I get back as it may work for me. Do you have any sound clips, by chance?

Sorry for the slow reply. I do not have a sound clip but i would be happy to make one for you. Let me know.

Thanks!

Posted on 13 years ago

if there is no keyholding or cracks its probably worth $100. Personally I would sell it on craigslist if you live in a musicaly populated area because tons of drummers like vintage crashes. plus no hasle on shipping

My band's website!

http://www.chaseandtrinity.com/
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here