Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Keyholing - 22" K Zildjian, Istanbul

I am the proud new owner of a 22" K Zildjian Istanbul Jazz Ride that is keyholed about 3/16". My question is this....to what extent does the keyholing detract from the market value of a cymbal like this. I have to admit, I acquired it solely for resale purposes but I want to offer it at a fair price.

Many thanks.....Steve

P.S. It was one of those "buy the painted Stewarts for $50.00 and oh yeah...there's a big ride cymbal too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Posted on 17 years ago

Keyholing is just one of the factors that effect price. Sometimes with a keyhole there are small cracks coming off the keyhole. If you take out a magnifiying glass you might see some small cracks coming from the mounting hole or keyhole area. Those are the big issue with a keyhole and obviously have a big impact on the cymbals price.

The other factors include what era the cymbal is from based on the stamp, the weight, profile, and other cracks, dings, dents, etc.

On a desirable thin old K if there are no cracks at the keyhole there shouldn't be a significant price reduction. However if its a heavy manhole cover of a cymbal its going to significantly impact the price just because the cymbal isn't that desirable to begin with in my opinion. I'm stating this from a point of view that the seller cannot hear the cymbal via sound file or play it in person.

Good luck.

Posted on 17 years ago

congrats on the cymbal. this is a very desirable cymbal even with the keyhole IMO. If you're gonna sell it online, it is essential to give the weight in grams. Cymbal nerds are realy into that.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here