Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

K Zildjian ID-date value?

Hey Hey folks! Looking for an opinion or three on the value and date of this K Zildjian. Measures 11" weighs 447 grams. Havent been able to find another like it to compare (in terms of size) here on the web. I figure its either rare or its junk. Sounds great though.[Attachment: 18487]

[Attachment: 18488]

[Attachment: 18489]

Hope the pics help. Really appreciate any info at all! Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago

That's a Constantinople K. circa late 1930's. It's worth about $100 to $150.

Posted on 14 years ago

It looks like hat or marching... what do you use it for?

I'm asking because I was quite dissapointed when I tried using orchestral K as a single drumset cymbal.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 14 years ago

Wow, 1930s eh? Thanks for the info.

Honestly, Iam not much of a drummer. So, obviously my ear for cymbal quality just aint' there. Iam a singer/ songwriter. Use my kit to lay down really pretty simple beats recording wise. I've used this cymbal as a ride occasionally and as just a general light crash or splash (a distinction that escapes my uneducated ears). I like the transfer from the cup to the edge, its got alot of depth and volume for such a small cymbal. Too bad about the keyholeing it was like that when I acquired it. BAH. Much respect to all you real drummers out there!

Posted on 14 years ago

From Gilnar

It looks like hat or marching...

It's an orphaned hi-hat cymbal.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here