Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

K. Zildjian EAK "Transition" stamp?

Hey hey,

I was travelling to Boston a few weeks ago and stopped by the excellent Boston Drum Center. It is a very cool place, and the owner Sean is a super cool guy. Certainly worth a look if you're ever in the area.

Anyway, there was a nice selection of used cymbals, and I came across this EAK with a stamp I have never seen before. Has anyone else run into one of these? I have a picture of the top of the cymbal, but the upload keeps failing for some reason. It look "normal" on top, with "Dark Crash" facing the same way as the K on top. The word "Crash" is centered underneath the word "Dark". It's an 18".

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Looks like somebody didn't get the memo about their new policy of switching out the big "K" for the Zildjian stencil, so they used both of them just to make sure.

No, I never saw one like this before.

Posted on 10 years ago

And no, its not worth even a penny more just because of this anomaly. I thought I should clarify this point before you or anyone else here should ask.

Some people, most of them advertising on eBay, seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that trademark anomalies because they are rare, they must automatically propel their piece into high value item status, which it does not. We're talking cymbals here, not coin collecting.

Posted on 10 years ago

Sometimes I use cymbals as currency! They make great trades sometimes.

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Fibes crystallite-14x5.5 snare
Posted on 10 years ago

From gSonor

Sometimes I use cymbals as currency! They make great trades sometimes.Gary

So do I. I find they hold their value much better than the standard currency which is continually losing value even now as it resides in your wallet. Of course I'm referring only to the vintage ones.

For some cymbal aficionados they've become the new coin of the realm.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here