I bought a 14 inch early K Zildjian Constantinople cymbal a couple of weeks ago and weighs about 970g. Actual size is 13 7/8.

Stamp type is #1 (thanks Rob Scott et al). Center hole just over 3/8 as pictured below though I confess to having lovingly and painstakingly enlarged it to 7/16 so I could play it.

The cymbal is quite unlike my vintage 50s and 60s A Zildjians (or any of my cymbals) but sounds amazing when paired to my early 1120g New Beat bottom HH.

Its also not exactly round though as the condition is bordering on perfect, I'm certain it hasn't been modified.

The I"M WONDERING part - given that this thing is probably on the earlier side (10s-20s?) and drum sets hadn't yet changed to what we'd instantly recognize, the options for what this cymbal started out life as seem to be: Crash. Orchestra. Marching Band hand cymbals. Am I missing another option or two? What are the tonal differences between the known examples of the various types? What are the weight ranges within each type?

A lot of the early catalogs I've seen online would lead me to believe that a drummer bought a cymbal that he or she thought would work for what they needed rather than buying one or two from a set category. Sound fair or am I a bit off?

Pete