Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

K Zildjian Constantinople cymbals

Hi there,

This is my first posting on the site and i'm looking for some info/values on some K Zildjian Constantinople cymbals I recently found in a second hand shop. Any help would be appreciated.

I've got 3 cymbals all with the same K. Zildjian and Cie Constantinople stamp and all similar sizes. Two of them seem like they are a set of hi hats and both measure approx 12 3/4". The top one weighs 640g and the bottom one 920g. The other i'm guessing is a splash, measures 13" and weighs 500g. They are all in good condition the only issue being some very fine cracks around the keyhole of the splash. Also the bell on the heavy hihat is kind of off centre. I'm not sure how they sound because the holes are too small for the stands i've got but they sound good if I balance them on a finger and lightly hit them, especially the lighter ones.

Not sure if i'll sell them yet, just looking for information at this stage so I know what i've got and can make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted on 15 years ago

I can almost guarantee you that those cymbals were made for neither hi-hat, nor splash purposes at the time they were made.

I'd hang on to them for awhile. Do some more research.

Later,

Matt

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the reply Matt.

I will hang onto them for now, really more interested in how old they are and what sort of value they may have. A friend of mine said he thought they may be pre 1930's based on the stamps but wasn't sure. The imperfections in the cymbals make them really interesting, they don't measure exact sizes and they're not perfectly round either. Here's a picture of the bell on the heavy cymbal.

Cheers

Darren

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here