Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

K Istanbul Questions (pics)

I picked up a set of old Istanbul hats a few weeks back and I have seen and heard so much about "old stamp" vs "new stamp" vs "old new stamp" etc., quite confusing. Well I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me the approx age of these, are they old stamp, new stamp, etc....

Also, any type of approx. value would be great too as I am going to be selling them off, they are 13", very paper thin. One hat is 383g the other is 360g. Signature is still vaugely visible under the bell as well as the residue of the old Zildjian sticker. One hat has a funny stain on it, not too big, and one very small edge bend. Other than that, no problems, cracks, keyholing, etc...

I hear the paper thins, at least this thin, are hard to come by but, what do I know!

Thanks in advance.....

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

oldest stamp! worthless s***.

myspace.jcymbal
youtube/jkcymbal
Posted on 16 years ago

Holy mother of mary those are thin. Are you sure the weight is correct? I would imagine those would invert pretty easily. I bet they sound heavenly!

:::Ryan B
Posted on 16 years ago

Hey guys, sorry, I have been M.I.A.

Yeah the hats are THAT thin.....I weighed them three times on 2 different scales. As for the sound, it might be sacrilege to say this but, I don't think they sounded nice at all! Very reminiscent of trash can lids.

They are TOO thin, can't really get any sustain or tone with them.

Well, "couldnt" I guess as I should say as I sold them off a couple of days ago.

Pretty good deal, quadrupled my initial investment, used the profits for a 70's B/O Acrolite and a '69 Dynasonic, and a nice case of beer!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here