Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

k constantinople splash 11"

what is an 11" splash like this worth? no cracks, just tarnished.

approx how old is it?

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Drumaholic

Advanced Member Join Date: Jul 2008

Re: K. Zildjian Constantinople...the world's most sought after cymbals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldaudio

Drumaholic: Where are you getting this info as to the value of these? Looking on this forum and the internet in general, I see wildly varying prices and info regarding these old K. Zildjian Constantinople cymbals. Can you point me to some site that has more definitive information?

Thanks

Unfortunately there are not sites with that type of information. But the value of these cymbals depends greatly on size. You'll find 14" and 15" quite often and these don't sell for all that much. But one you start getting into larger sizes, the value shoots up astronomically. Just to give you an idea of their relative rarity, I have never see a pair of 18's, 19's, 20's or 22's offered up for sale on eBay in the last 10n years. But like I said you can see theses cymbal in the smaller sizes fairly frequently.

I do not know if this is comparing apples to apples but I remembered this thread and this information. "don't sell for that much" means ????? From what I read on this site, Drumaholic has a cymbal under his pillow so this is probably dead on balls accurate IF the cymbals are the same. You can follow up on that.......

Hope this helps, didn't want you to quit your job before you got a value!!!LoLoLoLo

drumhack Mister Tband2Toiletguitar2:eek:

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 15 years ago

From madadam

what is an 11" splash like this worth? no cracks, just tarnished.approx how old is it?

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Pre 1940's...if no warps or cracks or nicks, and it is a nice sounding splash (on the thin or medium side for an 11") about $150-200....But if it's very heavy (i.e. over 500g) maybe $60-80 or so.

These were often hand cymbals, of which only one remains....so a lot of these small ones tended to be heavy, not so useful in trapset applications nowadays....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here