Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

K Constantinople Crash question

I just acquired a 14" Zildjian K Constantinople crash, the ones released a few years back. When I search for for this cymbal on line the only thing that comes up are hi-hats and I can't seem to find any information or pricing information on a 14" crash from this series. Can anyone out there shed any light on this?

Posted on 9 years ago

I got my hands on a 12" K con crash, love it. There were only a few made, and it doesn't say prototype, or indicate in any way that it is not a normal K con...But mine isn't listed either. So Zildjian did make several that were low in production and not cataloged. I'm sure yours is similar, unless you got hoodwinked into buying half of a hihat. Is it gongy? I got sold a concert 17" K con, and that ticked me off, it is not what was advertised, and that sounded "gongy".

Posted on 9 years ago

Are we talking about the early ones or the later ones with the pin lathing?

What weight is the crash, and does it have ink on it actually saying crash?

I've got AB serials and onwards (2012) for the new ones, but I might as well add in some discontinued models if you guys have some info on them.

http://black.net.nz/avedis/avedis-by-years.html

I haven't really got into much about the K Con model details (still sorting out the old stuff) but I'll tuck the info away for when I get there.

As a general rule of thumb for pricing, a 14" crash would go for the same as a 14" orphan hi hat, which is half the price of a pair of hats. That's just a ballpark estimate and it isn't appropriate if you have some rare beast of a paper thin crash which is highly sought after.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here