Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Jan 5, 2011 - Pay Pal Payments

This is just an FYI - If any seller on this forum asks you to make the payment as a GIFT for items they are selling you, DO NOT do that on big ticket items.

If you make the payment as a gift you will not be able to get a refund or collect any money if there are problems with the transaction.

Pay Pal WILL NOT help you.

Please be careful.

David

Posted on 13 years ago

Sending money as a gift used to be a way to circumvent the Paypal fees. However, the "gift" option no longer waives the fee so there's no longer a reason to use the "gift" feature.

Just FYI.

Posted on 13 years ago

I just did a test gift send to make sure and clicked on fees. This is what it states.

Personal Transfers - Send Money or Receive Money

Free when the money comes from PayPal balance or bank account.

2.9% + $0.30 USD

when the money comes from a debit or credit card or PayPal Credit

(the sender decides who pays this fee).

So there are fees for certain gift sends.

David

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up. I was a little confused as to why there were fees when I did it, yet others were telling me that they did it with no fees.

Thanks again.

Posted on 13 years ago

I just $50 on here yesterday as "gift".......nothing taking out.......

Had $700 sent last month on a vintage pre-amp..........nothing taken out either...

When sent as "purchase",I figure add on 3.2%....comes right out on the nose most of the time.....(well,within penny's)

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here