Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

It ain't vintage but it's cool - Sabian SR2

Hey,

Just picked up this new disc. Sabian is reworking these cymbal returns and such into a new line called SR2. I don't like many of them, but every now and again you find something that's interesting. Check this one out and let me know what you think. It's the cymbal he plays on the left side. Pretty sweet thin crash/ride. I've played it for several days now and can't believe how versatile it is. Very inexpensive and yet very sweet.

http://mycymbal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_48&products_id=1159

Posted on 15 years ago

That is pretty cool, do they hammer them? Looks like that on is hand hammered. Sounds really good! I also like the Green thing.

Posted on 15 years ago

Surprisingly good. Very versatile. It even looks nice. My only criticism would be that it's a little too washy at certain dynamic levels. Nice crash sound -surprisingly short for a 21" cymbal.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

These cymbals start life as cast AA, AAX, HH, or HHX. For whatever reason, they were returned to the factory. The factory takes them and reworks them into this. They press, hammer, and lathe. Mine started life as a combination HH and HHX. That's the reason I picked it up. I've got an 18 Prototype with the same hammering. They match!!! This disc is very sweet. I was stunned when I actually set it up to play it. I couldn't believe how much ping it had and yet still had such a nice crash. The bell is large and strong. Wow. That's all I could say. Nice new find. Something to check out. Keep in mind, they do not distinguish whether these started out as a machine hammered or hand hammered cymbal. You have to pay close attention to the pictures and sound. But if you do, man oh man, what a reward. Cheap cheap cheap and sweet sweet sweet.

Posted on 15 years ago

Worth a shot, but I would want to hear it first.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here