Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Is this Scimitar?

I found this cymbal few days ago,it is 13" crash or top hihat.And... here is thing:By the hammering looks like 90-s Zildjian Scimitar,but no stamp anywere on cymbal,just Avedis Zildjian logo.So my first guess was that someone cut cymbal to smaller diameter and than print Avedis logo,but if it is it was great job,and bell looks like too small for something like 18" and than made smaller.Also,the sound is very nice,I mean nice like it is realy 13" top hi hat or crash.What you can say about it.Did Zildjan made Scimitars with out stamp?

Best regards to all

Dule

4 attachments
109.5 kB
115.4 kB
116.9 kB
71.1 kB
Selling cymbals Made in Turkey

http://turkishcymbalserbia.weebly.com/
Posted on 12 years ago

My guess is that the stamp was there, but due to wear it is no longer visible. OR it is one of those rare occasions that it escaped the factory without a stamp.

The cool part about this cymbal is that you can clean it up with ketchup and it will shine like brand new. Se my attached photo. Enjoy - have fun!

Apply the ketchup with good coverage (just with a couple fingers), wait for 15 minutes, then rinse with water and thoroughly dry. I believe this works with the brilliant finish only, or it is a B8 thing.

John

1 attachments
I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago

Definitley is a 90's Scimitar. It's odd though, because:

1. The Zildjian logo on the top of the cymbal on these Scimitars never had the "Avedis" on them.

2. The Zildjian logo on the top of the cymbal on these Scimitars was very small (see John's photo above).

3. There is no Zildjian logo on the bottom.

My guess is that it is, in fact, a cut down, with someone stenciling the logo on the top of the cymbal (Very well, I might add!). I wonder why they didn't take the time to do the bottom? I know the bottom logo is much bigger, and maybe they didn't have the right size "stencil"?

I have never seen a "modern" (80's or newer) Zildjian without a stamp. If I was a bettin' man, I would say a cut down job. Looks like whoever did it was pretty darn good at it!

Posted on 12 years ago

i would say its a zildjian EDGE. its like the Scimitar.

1 attachments
http://www.drummerfish.weebly.com for drum parts, drum promos , swag, promo media and more for sale
Posted on 12 years ago

Thank you for your replies.I don't think it is edge,it is diferent hammering.To cut it to 13",and skip the logo,cymbal must be 18" minimum.What is confusing me is small bell for 18"

Posted on 12 years ago

Yes!!.......I just read the post from vyacheslav and immediately thought it might be an Edge, or Impulse or something. Good call on that, drummerfish!

BTW, If you use the ketchup method to clean it, please indeed post the results here! BTW, I just checked out a Scimitar Bronze Rock 16 inch crash that I took in on trade, but never really gave it a good look and listen - my o my!! That cymbal actually sounds great - very loud and downright good sounding. The problem is....a very mysterious hole! I may make it into an Ozone, but not sure yet. Anyone ever make Ozones on here?

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

Posted on 12 years ago

Wait a minute - the inking doesn't quite match up with the Edge either?? Was there another generation of Edge which included the bigger Zildjian on the top? Same can be asked of this cymbal I have (Scimitar Bronze Rock) - because the lathing is the same machine lathing on this as well.....

(EDIT) Well - not really now that I look closer - of course after I post!)

Edge or Impulse a good call......

John

Posted on 12 years ago

Drummerjohn333:I think I clean it prety well,may be my pics don't show it due to light.I use advice from Turcish cymbal manufacturer Leon Arslan.Spray it with Cilit bang(orange model),clean with cloth,then shower it with warm water and then dry it fast with cloth.I get good results.After all it make sence,beside Zildjian,Paiste,Sabian cymbal cleaners,I did not see any cleaner from Agop Mehmet and others in sales?

3 attachments

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here