Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Is There A Market For These?

I just did a little inventory of some very old cymbals that I acquired through the years. I'm not using any of them right now, although I'm sure that some came with some of my vintage Ludwig & Ludwig, Leedy & Ludwig, and Slingerland Radio King kits. I'm wondering if there's actually any kind of market for any of them. I assume that most, if not all, of these were used as high hat cymbals. Here's a brief summary of what I found:

Five 10" cymbals with cups approx. 4 1/2" wide and 1 1/2" deep. No brand or markings noted on any of them;

Two 10" cymbals with cups approx. 3 1/2" wide and 3/4" deep. No brand name or markings on them;

One 10" cymbal with cup approx. 3 3/4" wide and 3/4" deep. No brand name or markings on it;

Two 12" cymbals with "flat" cups approx. 3 1/4" wide and fairly flat. No brand name or markings on them;

Two 13" cymbals with cups approx. 4" wide. Both are very heavy. One of the two has a "Kassan" logo stamped on it; and

Two 14" cymbals with cups approx. 4" wide and extremely shallow. They're stamped "Starlight". The interior of the cups is stamped "JAPAN".

THANKS in advance for your time and your help!Bowing

Posted on 11 years ago

I think the Japanese Army wants their helments back !! The two clappers,..scrap yard !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

The four penny colored one`s might have alot of copper in them !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

The one you referred to as Kashan is probably Kashian-----that one has some value and is a decent cymbal. Could be used in a little hi-hat pair. ----likely made by UFIP.

Posted on 11 years ago

There is a market for these cymbals, .. but it is small. There are several drummers in S Calif that play in old time "Hot" jazz bands, & look for authentic period sounds, Big cup cymbals, Chinese toms, etc,. You should just put them on ebay, ...& don't have any high expectations for much $$.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here